Wednesday, August 26, 2009

July Birthdays

I know I am really behind on my posts, it is almost September, and I am doing July birthdays. How does life get so busy?

My Aunt Brenda celebrated her 50th birthday this year. We wanted to do something really special, so we had a big family get together. The theme was disco. I even found some neon die for the cake frosting.


I spent a lot of time gathering, sorting, and scanning pictures for this wonderful photo album that I was going to make for her. My siblings and my mom helped a lot, watching the kids so I could work, and going through all the pictures with me, but still I only got 8 years done, when I had originally planned to do like 30. I know, that was a pretty novel ambition, but I am still working on it, so hopefully by next year at her birthday I will be able to present her with some more pages. All in all it was a really fun party, and I was really happy that so many family members could drive into town for the occasion.


We had Joseph's birthday party the following weekend. I can't believe he is already 2. I did not have much time to work on a cake or any of that stuff but I got a dog on there (he loves to point at dogs and say the word, but he is not a big fan of dogs getting to close to him). He was not very happy at the beginning of the party. I think he was a little confused since we had to wake him up from a late nap after church. Here he is looking less then thrilled about everything.




He did warm up as he started to open the gifts, and he was really happy when he got to eat cake and ice cream. He insisted on playing with his new toys while eating. Not something I usually go for, but since it was his birthday, I let him.



I think his favorite toy was to large bag of blocks he got. Or at least they are the toy that is the most fought over. Here he is building a large tower. He loves to make a tower run over to me and say "big tower." After I look at it and smile he promptly kicks it and takes all the pieces apart and then builds a different tower.

5 comments:

Brown Family said...

That dog cake was with not very much work? It looks great! I think that's how mine would have looked with lots of planning. Tyler wants a Pokemon and Jedi cake this weekend ... still not sure what to do about that.

You are so absolutely sweet to go to so much work for your aunt. You better be her favorite niece! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great looking cake! Very cute. I agree! A campout next summer (or fall) is a must!

Clark said...

I think it's a great-looking cake too! Regarding the Jedi cake, make a regular one and put a Jedi action figure on it. That what we did when Ben wanted a Spiderman cake...

Carol said...

Your cakes were adorable, Jennifer!Your kidlets are very lucky to have such a wonderful mom! And all the work you went to for Brenda--I'm sure she was pleased as well. It's a marvel that you can find the time to do so much--with 4 little ones, but you certainly do a great job.

Carolyn Townsend said...

Jennifer it is so fun to see pictures of your little kids. They look so much like their parents. It is also nice to see you kids in shorts. Oh I wish the summer lasted just a little longer up here.