Monday, May 11, 2009

Jacob is 3

I can't believe that Jacob is already three years old. How the time flies. Three seems to be a transitional time for Jacob. Sometimes he takes naps, sometimes he does not. Sometimes he acts like such a big boy and wants to be so helpful, and sometimes he acts like a huge baby (can't put his own shoes on or go to the bathroom by himself). He is also very strong willed. Good luck convincing him to do something that he does not want to do. He has quite the temper from time to time as well. We are going to have to better help him learn how to express his anger before he gets bigger and stronger then his dad and I. That is probably about 12 years away, but I am already thinking about it. I love him to death, and can't imagine life without my little helper following me around the kitchen wanting to do everything that I am doing.

We had a small party at home to mark the occasion. I did not have much time to decorate the cake, so I went with a simple football design. Jacob wanted a lion, but I was not that motivated. This is the first cake I have decorated entirely by myself.


Jacob blowing out the candles with a little help from London.

He was really excited about the set of 5 cars that he got from Aunt Barbara. He wanted to just play with them instead of opening the rest of his gifts.

He was super excited about the big boy bike he got from his Nana and Aunt Brenda though.


All in all, it was a great party.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I can't believe how fast kid grow up!

Brown Family said...

How fun! I think your cake looks great. I also love when kids are so happy with their first gift that they don't care that they have any more. If only the rest of us could be so ungreedy! :)

Happy birthday, Jacob! (We thought of him even though we didn't call ...)

Carol said...

Jacob is getting so big. It was fun to see his birthday pictures and remember hugging your special little guy! Rob said you did get my card, but after the party. I can't believe he's big enough to ride a bike!
Sure love you guys!