Wednesday, May 13, 2009

1/2 Marathon

In order to get back in shape and lose my baby weight I am doing a half marathon with my sister and some other ladies who have recently had or are about to have a baby. Granted this is a first baby for them and my 4th baby, but I think I can do it. Rob got me a treadmill for Mother's Day so that I can work out at home. My goal is to walk 5 days a week, but for the last two weeks I have only done it 4 days a week. The race allows you only 4 hours from the gun time to finish the race. However since it is a very popular race they have a wave start. So we may only get like 3 1/2 hours. Our goal is to be able to do 4 miles per hour. Currently I only work out for 1/2 an hour and I can do a little over one mile. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I am confident that I can do it. The race is not till January 17th. I will keep you all posted about my progress. They say the best way to achieve your goals is to tell people about them, so I am making my goal as public as possible. I need a lot of motivation and support. Anyone who would like to is welcome to train and fly down and do the 1/2 marathon with me.

4 comments:

Brown Family said...

That's awesome!!! And crazy ... :)

Good luck to you. That sounds wonderful. I'm glad you got a treadmill -- what a great gift. Now I need to get some kind of goal, too, so I'll start exercising again ...

Anonymous said...

Way to go!

Carol said...

Wow Jennifer! Rob said you were getting a treadmill. I didn't know that your goal was so ambitious, though! What a great example to the rest of us.

the Rowleys said...

Awesome! Happy training. :)