Monday, January 26, 2009

London Turns 4


I can not believe that my little girl is already 4 years old. The time seems to go by so quickly. London asked for a kitten chasing a butterfly on her cake. My mother and I spent a good chunk of Saturday working on the cake. It took so long because my mom was trying to teach me how to decorate the cake. I think it turned out pretty well for my first cake.

London's birthday was a while ago, but we just had her party. We kept telling her that she was already 4, but she insisted that she was not 4 because she had not had her birthday party. At the party her uncle asked her how old she was and she said 3. "But I thought this was your 4th birthday party." "No, I am not 4 yet." After she blew out her candles he asked again "Are you 4 now." He got a resounding "Yes" from the birthday girl. If blowing out the candles on the cake is what makes you turn another year older I know a lot of people who would stop putting candles on the cake.

London has grown out of her Princess Jasmin dress up outfit, so we got her a Bell outfit with shoes. She loved it, and changed into it right after she finished her cake and ice cream. We had a hard time getting it off of her when it was time to change into her PJ's.


Joseph loved the cake and ice cream, and I think he was even more thrilled that we would let him eat it by himself. Rob tried to help, but Joseph just took Robs spoon away. Its not really a party if there is not a mess to clean up.


Here is Uncle Drake reading one of the stories that he got for London.


It was a great night, and London seemed to enjoy herself. I felt kind of bad that I was not up to having a friend party for her, but she did not seem to know the difference. Maybe next year.

2 comments:

Denise said...

You think the cake turned out pretty well? You're nuts -- it looks AWESOME! Seriously, I can't believe it's your first birthday cake.

You're safe not doing friend parties for years to come. They don't really notice TOO much until they start getting invites to their friends' parties. Keep it that way as long as possible, because you can't fog it by the younger kids as long. :)

the Rowleys said...

Awesome Cake! I wish I could decorate a cake like that. Tell London happy birthday for us! :)