Tuesday, October 6, 2009

September

While others are out enjoying the fall colors and cooler weather we were swimming. Yes it was that hot. I don't think the kids minded, since they love to swim. All summer long when we would go swimming Joseph would refuse to get in the water. He was quite content to sit at the edge of the pool (flooties on just in case) with just his feet in the water. I figured this time would be no different, but to my pleasant surprise when I asked if he wanted to come in with me he said yes. As I figured, he loved the water. He was happiest when he was also inside a floating ring for the extra buoyancy.

Jacob


We knew that Guinevere loved the water, but this was the first time that we put her in her own floating thing. I was not sure if she would be big enough for it yet, but she was.


London

We also started giving Guinevere finger foods in September. I tried for a couple of weeks to get her to eat Cheerios, but she could not figure out how to get them out of her hand. She would get so frustrated that she would just sit in her high chair and scream till one of the kids would put Cheerios in her mouth. I finally broke down and gave her sticks of graham crackers. She was in heaven. As soon as all she had left was the part she was holding on to she would drop it and pick up a new stick. She made a big mess, but I am glad that she was enjoying them.

That is September in a nut shell. Hopefully since I am caught up I can stay on top of my blogging entries.

No comments: