Thursday, December 25, 2008

Guinevere Has Arrived



Guinevere was born on Dec 18th at 4:36pm. She was 9lb 5oz, and 22.2in long. It has taken me so long to write because unlike we had planned Guinevere was born in the hospital and had to stay for 5 days. To make my explanation as short as possible I will leave out the medical terms. Around noon on the 18th my amniotic fluid turned green and my midwives transported me to the hospital. The green was due to Guinevere pooping while still in the uterus. After she was born the cord was quickly cut and they started sucking the poop out of her lungs. She got an infection and had to be in the Special Care Nursery for 5 days on antibiotics. It was not the wonderful home birth that I had hoped for, but I am very thankful for hospitals and modern medicine.

Guinevere is home now and it doing just fine. I will post more pictures later.

4 comments:

Ofamily said...

Congratulations Jennifer! I've been thinking of you and hoping to find out you had your little Guinevere! :) She is beautiful!

the Rowleys said...

thank you for the pictures! She is adorable!

Denise said...

What a cutie! She looks so big in the one with her tummy showing ... but I know she's "tiny" compared to Joseph. :) Congrats!!! We're so glad you made it home for the holidays.

Esther said...

Congrats, I am glad Mom and baby are doing well.