Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thoughts On Pregnancy

I really love being pregnant. That is until I reach that window of time that my baby can be born. Then I can't stand it any more. I am a planner, and I dislike the fact that I have no idea what day or time the baby is coming. Don't get me wrong, I would never plan a c-section or something so that I could plan my life. I just wish that natural birth could be a little more predictable. I have currently passed my due date and thus have not been in a very good mood lately. I know the baby can't stay in me forever, but that does not help me from constantly wondering when she will come. I am constantly running game play strategies in my head. If she comes at this time then so and so can watch the kids, but if the labor takes too long then so and so will have to pick the kids up, yad yad yad. I have always wondered if I would have been more calm in waiting for labor to begin with my first child since I did not have to plan out who was going to take care of my other children. London came early and thus I never had time to worry about when she was going to come. So until little Guinevere makes her appearance I am trying to stay upbeat and not drive myself and others crazy with my constant wondering. Sorry to all those who catch me at my not so happy moments.

4 comments:

Lillie said...

UUUGGGG! I feel your pain. You know 2 out of 3 of my babies were late... I'm glad Hannah is out and almost 5 months old. In other words, I do feel your pain, but you couldn't pay me enough to trade places with you!!! Good Luck, and happy birthing.

the Rowleys said...

When I was last pregnat and around my due date, I kept having dreams that I would be pregnat FOREVER and the baby would never come. I totally know how you feel just waiting, wanting to see the baby and enjoy their precious spirit and yet, not knowing when they will arrive.

Brown Family said...

Did you forget? When you were pregnant with London you were convinced that you just told the baby when to come and she'd come. Ha, ha, ha ... I guess you've learned that babies have a mind of their own!!!

And you're right -- it's much harder arranging when you have other kids. Our next one will seem so easy since Becca is now old enough to stay home to watch all the others. Phew! :)

I'm guessing she'll come in the next 24 hours, if she hasn't come by the time I post this. :)

Can't wait to hear the news and see her pics!!! Good luck.

Carolyn Townsend said...

Jennifer, good luck. My babies don't come I have to be induced at least the midwife remedies worked for me this last time. Thank goodness